Google has changed the SEO game... again meet Hummingbird
There is much written about this ever-evolving subject and RevenuePerform functions as both a watch dog for our clients who use thrid party SEO services and provides our own proprietary search-engine-friendly content enhancement technology to support the constant battel to be ranked on the Internet.
Before a site can be "optimized", you need to understand the mechanics of how major search engines i.e. Google think. Here is a link to Google's Websmaster guidelines. This will give you some perspective of what exactly needs to happen in order to improve the rank of your website.
Here is a recent report from Canada's Profit Magazine that provide a quick snapshot of what recent SEO changes could impact your websites' ranking.
IF SEO IS ONE OF YOUR CORE MARKETING STRATEGIES - CALL US NOW 416-220-8811
RevenuePerform's SEO technology brings to our clients a combination of best in class SEO software, proprietary content expansion science and skilled resources who understand SEO.
What is the new definition of Search Engine Marketing?
Here are some new definitions of SEO to consider, and I invite you to comment below with your own.
1. SEO is the ongoing process of uncovering and discovering non-branded keywords that are driving organic search traffic and conversions, then publishing content optimized for those keywords.
2. SEO is the process of producing optimized content that is discoverable by the target audience as they progress through the buying cycle.
3. SEO is about a prospect discovering a brand’s content and web presence through search and social, and the owner of that content being able to understand who consumed the content and the impact of the content across the organization.
4. SEO is the outcome of a content marketing strategy that makes use of highly converting keywords that your target audience is searching on.
5. SEO is the process of enhancing the visibility of a brand’s web presence in organic search.
SEO in the digital marketing mix is here to stay. Standardizing a definition of SEO will help buyers better understand the importance of it, the reason for committing to it, and the short- and long-term impact an SEO strategy has on a web presence.
Join the conversation and share your thoughts about the definition of SEO.
This article was originally published on Search Engine Watch.